Mouthwash in different brands, sizes, and flavors line the aisles of the personal hygiene section at the grocery store, but how often do you think about the benefits that come with using mouthwash daily?
Mouthwash should become part of your daily routine as it has the following benefits:
- Freshens breath – using a breath-freshening mouthwash leaves you with that just-brushed feeling
- Mouthwash has preventative capabilities when it comes to preventing the following diseases and infections:
- Removes and prevents plaque buildup
- Prevents tooth decay
- Prevents gingivitis
- Stops cavities from forming
There are two types of mouthwash that each have their own benefits:
- Therapeutic mouthwashes help reduce bad breath, gingivitis, and plaque build up. It can also help get rid of tooth decay for mouthwashes containing fluoride.
- Cosmetic mouthwashes don’t get to the root of the problem, rather they just treat surface symptoms, allowing for temporary relief, but no lasting solution.
Mouthwash is a simple, yet powerful solution to prevent minor discrepancies in the mouth from turning into something bigger. Talk to your dentist today about which mouthwash is right for you.