Have you established safe daily habits for your denture care? The quicker you lay out a detailed plan and stick to it, the better off your oral health will be. Make notes if you hate to, or set alarms to remind you to do your denture care. Most importantly, stay in a routine, and never skip them. Here are a few great ideas to keep your dentures in great shape:
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care with your dentures. For more information, or to schedule a checkup with our wonderful dentist Dr. Rai, you can call us at 540-657-0867 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Stafford, VA. Your smile is our business!